Friday Night Treat Night from The ‘fechan Dinner, Ecclefechan.
Friday Night Treat Night Take- Away is an inspirational idea from a local Truckstop, The’fechan Dinner based 300m from J19 of the M74 at Ecclecfechan.
So. Introducing. Drum roll….
All you need to do is heat up the main course. Everything else is ready to serve.
Trio of starters, served with a sour cream and chive dip
~ haggis bon bon (vegetarian available)
~Barony smoked salmon, or beetroot carpaccio on a homemade potato scone
~ Parsnip crisps
Cassoulet, featuring Millbank venison sausages, or
Roasted butternut squash cassoulet,
served with creamy mustard mash
Whisky chocolate pot, with whipped cream and shortbread
The team at The ‘fechan Diner are one of the fantastic artisan food producers in Dumfries and Galloway, creating quality products that are bursting with passion and flavour.
Good food and a smile. That’s what they offer at The ‘fechan Diner. It’s not just good, it’s homemade.
- Homemade soup.
- Their own pasties and sausage rolls.
- Homemade cakes and biscuits.
- Their own roast dinners.
You get the idea?
Whether it’s a snack or something more substantial, they aim to give you tasty food you will enjoy.
What about some slow roasted brisket, or a little cheeky coconut bun?
Thursday is scone-day, so expect lovely warm, just out of the oven scones, topped with butter and jam.
Look out for our baguette of the week – anything from Cajun chicken salad to hot steak and onions. We make a fresh pot of soup every day, from traditional pea and ham, to the more exotic spicy pumpkin.
They try to keep it seasonal and wherever possible we use local produce.
Why Buy Local
- Good for the economy
- Buying local encourages new business to start up, helps local businesses to thrive and keeps local money circulating in the local economy benefitting everyone.
- Good for the environment
- Treat yourself to food that’s travelled just a few miles down the road rather than half way around the world and re-discover the real flavour of really good food.
- Good for you
- Enjoy high quality, fresh produce at very competitive prices and find out how to make the most of it with ideas, tips and advice from the people who produced, reared or grew it!